The fact that this past year has been full of pivots is old news at this point, but it doesn’t change the fact that many business owners, C-level execs, and marketing teams have had to simply make the most of what they have and adapt as needed, whether due to the pandemic, the economy, or some other issue.
To help in a little way we wanted to share a quick Healthy Brand Scorecard quiz we’ve developed—because when you’re trying to make quick pivots, the last thing you want to be worrying about is your branding.
Here are 10 quick questions that can give you a good read on how your brand is doing:
- Does your brand help you tell your marketing story?
- Is your brandmark easy to read from a distance?
- Are both your brand’s visuals and messaging consistent across all your various initiatives?
- Does everyone in your company know the brand, messaging, and strategy?
- Does your brandmark, colors, fonts, and messaging stay consistent across all of your managers, employees, and vendors for consistent customer experiences?
- Are your brand assets (logo, style guide, colors, etc.) available in a single, updateable location that everyone can access?
- Does your brandmark cause people to think when they see it? Does it engage their brains?
- Do you know the top benefits your customers are looking for from your brand, products, services and messaging? And do you know the order of priority of these benefits?
- If you put all of your advertising, emails, signage, wraps, brochures, social media posts, etc. on the table in one spot, would they look like the came from the same company?
- Does your brandmark and messaging actually speak to your customer or does it just look pretty and sound good?
If you’ve got at least 8 yes-es you’re doing awesome! If you scored less than 8, you’ve got your work cut out for you, but hopefully this gives you a little direction for your efforts.
If you have any questions about how to accomplish these things, let’s shoot us a quick note at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to chat.